This plugin migrates products, categories, images and information pages from OpenCart to WooCommerce/WordPress.
It has been tested with OpenCart versions 1 to 3 and WordPress 6.1. It is compatible with multisite installations.
Major features include:
- migrates OpenCart products
- migrates OpenCart product images
- migrates OpenCart product categories
- migrates OpenCart product tags
- migrates OpenCart information pages
No need to subscribe to an external web site.
The Premium version includes these extra features:
- migrates OpenCart attributes
- migrates OpenCart options
- migrates OpenCart users
- migrates OpenCart customers
- migrates OpenCart orders
- migrates OpenCart reviews
- migrates OpenCart tax classes
- migrates OpenCart related products
- migrates OpenCart coupons
- SEO: Redirect the OpenCart URLs to the new WordPress URLs
- SEO: Import meta data (meta title, description, keywords) to WordPress SEO
- the users and customers can authenticate to WordPress using their OpenCart passwords
- ability to update existing products
- ability to do a partial import
- ability to run the import automatically from the cron (for dropshipping for example)
- ability to run the import by WP CLI
The Premium version can be purchased on: https://www.fredericgilles.net/fg-opencart-to-woocommerce/
The Premium version allows the use of add-ons that enhance functionality:
- Brands: imports the manufacturers
- Internationalization: imports the translations to WPML or Polylang
- Custom order numbers
- Product Options
- English (default)
- French (fr_FR)
- other can be translated
WooCommerce must be installed and activated before running the migration.
- Install the plugin in the Admin => Plugins menu => Add New => Upload => Select the zip file => Install Now
- Activate the plugin in the Admin => Plugins menu
- Run the importer in Tools > Import > OpenCart
- Configure the plugin settings. You can find the OpenCart database parameters in the OpenCart file config.php
- Test the database connection
- Click on the import button
I get the message: “[fgoc2wc] Couldn’t connect to the OpenCart database. Please check your parameters. And be sure the WordPress server can access the OpenCart database. SQLSTATE  Access denied for user ‘xxx’@’localhost’ (using password: YES)”
- First verify your login and password to your OpenCart database.
- If OpenCart and WordPress are not installed on the same host, you can do this:
- export the OpenCart database to a SQL file (with phpMyAdmin for example)
- import this SQL file on the same database as WordPress
- run the migration by using WordPress database credentials (host, user, password, database) instead of the OpenCart ones in the plugin settings.
The import is not complete
- You can run the migration again and it will continue where it left off.
- You can add:
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '2G');in your wp-config.php file to increase the memory allowed by WordPress
- You can also increase the memory limit in php.ini if you have write access to this file (ie: memory_limit = 2G).
The images aren’t being imported
- Please check the URL field. It must contain the URL of the OpenCart home page
Are the product attributes and options imported?
- This is a Premium feature available on: https://www.fredericgilles.net/fg-opencart-to-woocommerce/
Don’t hesitate to let a comment on the forum or to report bugs if you found some.
Suradnici i Programeri
“FG OpenCart to WooCommerce” je softver otvorenog koda. Sljedeće osobe su doprinijele ovom dodatku.Suradnici
“FG OpenCart to WooCommerce” je prijeveden na 1 dijalekt. Zahvala prevodiocima za njihov doprinos.
Prevedite “FG OpenCart to WooCommerce” na svoj jezik.
Zainteresirani ste za razvoj?
Pregledajte kôd, pogledajte SVN spremišteili se pretplatite na dnevnik razvoja od RSS.
- New: Compatibility with PHP 8.2
- New: Import the OpenCart 1.5 tags
- New: Compatibility with OpenCart 1.4
- Fixed: The option “Import the media with duplicate names” didn’t work anymore (regression from 1.10.0). So wrong images were imported.
- Fixed: Files containing “+” were not imported
- Fixed: Files starting with /image were not imported
- Fixed: Files starting with ./image were not imported
- New: Import the OpenCart 1.5 URLs
- New: Compatibility with OpenCart 1.5
- New: Import the products SEO URLs
- New: Import the product categories SEO URLs
- Tested with WordPress 6.1.1
- New add-on: Brands
- Fixed: Missing parent category for some categories
- Change: Don’t add the product name at the end of the image filename
- New: Add the functions “get_wp_post_ids_from_meta” and “get_wp_term_ids_from_meta”
- Tweak: Shorten the filenames if the option “Import the media with duplicate names” is selected
- Tested with WordPress 6.1.0
- New add-on: Custom order numbers
- New add-on: Internationalization
- Fixed: [ERROR] Error:SQLSTATE: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘option’ at line 1
- Tested with WordPress 6.0.2
- Tested with WordPress 6.0.1
- New: Add the WordPress path in the Debug Info
- Fixed: The widget “Filter Products by Attribute” was empty on the front-end
- Tested with WordPress 6.0
- Fixed: Products imported with wrong special price when there is a tax rate
- New: Don’t delete the theme’s customizations (WP 5.9) when removing all WordPress content
- Tested with WordPress 5.9
- Fixed: [ERROR] Error:SQLSTATE: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘order o’
- Tested with OpenCart 2
- Tested with WordPress 5.8.1
- Fixed: Progress bar exceeds 100% when running the import again
- Fixed: Decode HTML entities in the product title
- Update README.txt
- Initial version: Import OpenCart products, categories, images and CMS