Front-End Users is a WordPress plugin that prevents specified user roles from accessing the WordPress admin section (the pages in /wp-admin/), sets up a profile editing page on the front-end, and allows for customization of front-end user-specific pages. This allows you to hide all of the WordPress back-end from specified roles (e.g. Subscribers) and instead present to them a profile editing page (and, optionally, other user-specific pages) that have the same layout as the rest of the site. The front-end functionality is available to all roles, but you can choose which roles are able to access the WordPress admin section (by default, only Administrators have access to it).
Front-End Users also makes it easy to:
- Display user-specific links that depend on the login state (e.g. “Sign in | Register”, “John | Sign out”, “John | Dashboard | Sign out”)
- Change the URL of the profile editing page and other user-specific pages
- Add other user-specific pages and display a menu of all of some of these pages
- Determine whether the current user has access to the admin section
The documentation for the hooks is in example_hooks.php, and the documentation for the functions is in functions.php.
If the User Avatar plugin is also installed, the avatar-editing functionality it provides will be shown on the front-end user settings page.
If you’d like to grab development releases, see what new features are being added, or browse the source code please visit the GitHub repo.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Make sure that Pretty Permalinks are enabled and working
- Where should I go for support questions or to ask for a new feature?
Please feel free to either add a topic in the WordPress forum or contact me through GitHub for any questions about Front-End Users:
Nema recenzija za ovaj dodatak.
Suradnici i Programeri
“Front-End Users” je softver otvorenog koda. Sljedeće osobe su doprinijele ovom dodatku.Suradnici
Prevedite “Front-End Users” na svoj jezik.
Zainteresirani ste za razvoj?
Pregledajte kôd, pogledajte SVN spremišteili se pretplatite na dnevnik razvoja od RSS.
- Added a switch that allows custom profile fields added by plugins and themes to show up in the default public settings view
- Added an exception to the admin URL rewrite to correct the admin profile form’s action