To improve your SEO and the accessibility of your content, you are supposed to announce translations of your pages to Google to avoid duplicate content.
The Editor button to add
hreflang attributes on your content are here to improve accessibility when screen readers are passing on words from different languages than your main language.
Example of cases you need this plugin:
- You translated a blog post in your language from another blog, (hreflang alternate links)
- You publish the same article in 2 languages on 2 different websites, (hreflang alternate links)
- You use in your content a jargon from another language. (
- You link from your post other posts in another language. (
- Your Menus have some items not translated (
langattributes) or lead to page in another language (
hreflang), you can edit those attributes in the Menus admin-menu. (WordPress 5.4 compatibility)
hreflangalternate links for posts (page, and custom posts)
langavailable and visible in the editor
langavailable on your main Menus items. (WordPress 5.4 compatibility)
Know bugs, if you can help with code 😉
- Gutenberg apply hreflang attribute on links, but never save it in database.
You can donate to support
Please, use the support forum to tell me bugs encountered, and be patient
Juiz Social Post Sharer: if you need social buttons.
Juiz Outdated Post Message: if you want to put a warning on old post on your blog.
Embed Can I Use: if you talk about support of HTML 5, CSS3 or JS API, you need to embed Can I Use support tables.
You can use one of both method :
Installation via your WordPress website
- Go to the admin menu ‘Plugins’ -> ‘Install’ and search for ‘Juiz Lang Attributes’
- Click ‘install’ and activate it
- (optional) Configure the Plugin in Settings
- Download the plugin (it’s better :p)
juiz-lang-attributesfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- It’s finished !
My editor (classic editor) doesn’t display the buttons. Why?
It happens sometimes when you alreay have another plugin that does dirty things with your editor. I can’t control him anyway. Try to deactivate the dirty plugin to be sure it comes for it and see if the Juiz Lang Attributes buttons appear.
My editor (Gutenberg) doesn’t display the buttons. Why?
For the moment I don’t support Gutenberg editor. Working on a way to support it.
Suradnici i Programeri
“Juiz Lang Attribute” je softver otvorenog koda. Sljedeće osobe su doprinijele ovom dodatku.Suradnici
Prevedite “Juiz Lang Attribute” na svoj jezik.
Zainteresirani ste za razvoj?
Pregledajte kôd, pogledajte SVN spremišteili se pretplatite na dnevnik razvoja od RSS.
- Bug Fix
- Styles wouldn’t display on Gutenberg.
- Unfortunately it’s buggy: hreflang button available for links, but database wouldn’t keep it saved.
- Bug fix
- Empty link tag on the header
- Remove link x-default to avoid errors (better none than bad one)
- NEW: add hreflang and href to Menu Items
- Bug: Fix JS Bug on TinyMCE Editor for both LANG and HREFLANG
- UX Improvement: keep your last value for HREFLANG or LANG, saving time while editing long posts.
- Bug: Fix fatal error on first installation.
- Security: Fix XSS Issue. (Thank you Julio Potier – SecuPress)
- Feature: Gutenberg Editor Support for lang attribute.
- Cleaning-up: Useless files removed.
- Improvement: Show the attributes in the editor while hovering or focusing them. (when the element is focusable)
- Style the buttons as activated when the cursor is on an element with hreflang or lang attribute.
- Remove the attributes when click again on the button while the attribute is already set.
- Initial: Try it 😉