A simple plugin to enhance your use of the_excerpt() function. Allows you to change the default title and description of the excerpt box, add an excerpt box to pages and show a customizable jQuery character counter with the ability to limit the amount of characters.
The jQuery character counter from Tom Deater provides a user friendly way to limit the amount of characters while writing.
- Upload the
excerpt-toolsdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure your options under the “Excerpt Tools” item in the Settings menu.
Note that from version 0.5, this plugin requires PHP version 5.3 or above.
Suradnici i Programeri
“Excerpt Tools” je softver otvorenog koda. Sljedeće osobe su doprinijele ovom dodatku.Suradnici
- Fixes for PHP 7
- Progress bar on excerpt area
- Added options for meta box icons
- Preserve trailing ellipsis when trimming excerpts for length
- Moved to a new namespace (requires PHP 5.3)
- Added option to enforce excerpt length
- Set excerpt length with Relevanssi as well
- Project taken over and revived by Marcus Downing
- Fixed bugs requiring you set a title and length before the plugin would work
- Add support for custom post types
- Cosmetic changes to match the appearance of WordPress 3.8+
- Initial public release of Excerpt Tools by Zack Kakia.