The Recent Posts Widget Plus plugin allows you to display a list of the most recent posts from all or a specific category or tag. It not only shows the post title, but also an excerpt of the post.
- First you will have to upload the plugin to the
- Then activate the plugin in the plugin panel.
- Go to ‘Appearance’ > ‘Widgets’ and drag the Recent Posts Widget Plus to the required position in the sidebar.
- Type a title for the widget (you can leave this blank)
- Type the number of recent posts to show in the widget
- Specify the excerpt length by number of characters
- Choose a specific category or select
None (all categories)to show all categories
- Choose the post tags you would like to use to filter the list (optional)
- Click save.
What is the difference with the default Recent Post widget
All WordPress installs come with a default widget for showing recent posts. The advantage of using the Recent Posts Widget Plus plugin, is that you can not only show the post titles but also an excerpt from the post and define how many characters of the excerpt are displayed. This plugin also allows you to display recent posts from a custom post type.
Suradnici i Programeri
“Recent Posts Widget Plus” je softver otvorenog koda. Sljedeće osobe su doprinijele ovom dodatku.Suradnici
Zainteresirani ste za razvoj?
WordPress 5.8 compatibility tested
Shortcodes are now also stripped from the excerpts.
New version for admin purposes.
Changed method for creating the widget in preparation of PHP7 support.
Fixed debug notices and added the option to select a custom post type.