This plugin uses Squoosh.app compression scripts, allowing you to compress images directly from your WordPress media library or during the image upload process. By compressing your images, you can improve your website\’s performance, reduce bandwidth usage, and enhance the overall user experience.
This is NOT official Squoosh.app plugin. It only uses squoosh.app compression scripts.
- Image Compression: Automatically compresses images in your WordPress media library using Squoosh.app\’s advanced compression algorithms.
- Upload Optimization: Compresses images on-the-fly during the upload process, ensuring optimized images are added to your media library.
- Bulk Compression: Allows you to compress multiple images at once.
- Selective Compression: Choose which images to compress based on your preferences and requirements.
- Custom Compression Settings: Adjust compression parameters such as quality, resizing, and format options to suit your specific needs.
- Restore Option: Provides a restore option to use backup file to restore compressed image to the original image.
- Download the plugin ZIP file from the WordPress Plugin Directory, or install the plugin via the WordPress plugin installer.
- Extract the ZIP file (if downloaded from WordPress Plugin Directory).
- Upload the plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the Squeeze plugin from the WordPress plugins dashboard.
How does the plugin work?
The plugin uses Squoosh.app’s compression algorithms and provides you with the ability to compress images in your WordPress media library or during the image upload process.
How are the images processed? Are they sent to an external server?
This plugin uses Squoosh.app compression scripts. The images compressed directly in your browser – means no external server used. Squoosh does all the work locally. So you should not worry about privacy.
Why should I use image compression on my website?
Image compression helps improve your website’s performance by reducing the file size of images without significantly impacting their quality. Smaller image files load faster, resulting in faster page load times and a better user experience. Additionally, compressed images consume less bandwidth, which can be beneficial for websites with limited hosting resources or mobile users with limited data plans.
Which image formats does the Squeeze plugin work with?
Currently, the Squeeze plugin supports JPG, PNG and WEBP image formats. More formats are about to be added.
Can I compress multiple images at once?
Yes, the plugin provides a bulk compression feature. This saves time and effort compared to compressing images individually.
Can I compress images NOT from the Media Library, but from custom folder?
Yes, you can compress images from any folder within your WordPress installation.
Can I customize the compression settings?
Yes, the plugin allows you to customize various compression settings according to your preferences. It supports the same options as Squoosh.app provides.
How can I test compression settings before upload my images to the media library?
You can test different options directly on Squoosh.app. For JPG images select MozJPEG encoder, for PNG images choose OxiPNG.
Suradnici i Programeri
“Squeeze” je softver otvorenog koda. Sljedeće osobe su doprinijele ovom dodatku.Suradnici
- Add WEBP support
- Update settings page layout with tabs
- Add ability to re-compress images
- Add ability to compress images from custom folder
- Fix minor bug in Media library
- Fix PNG compressor
- First release.